Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Last Blog Post Ever

So this post marks the end.  Yes, this will be my last post.  What has prompted this?  I recently came across the KonMari Method of decluttering.  At first I thought it was some sort of decluttering fad.  After reading more into it and getting the book, I realized I have been decluttering and organizing all wrong.  I won't go into detail here because you only need to Google KonMari and you will get the idea.  Better yet, get the book.  It's not expensive, only $15, and well worth it.

Anyways, this book got me thinking.  While I think it only deals with the physical clutter in your home (I haven't finished it yet), I wanted to address my "To Do List" clutter.  I have project, upon project to complete, but I really don't NEED to do them.  The book says to keep things that only "spark joy".  I asked myself "Do these projects spark joy?".  Maybe at first thought, but now I feel them an obligation.  One of these "to do clutter" I have is this blog.  And it's ongoing.  When I examined the "why" of this blog,  I realized my motivations to have a blog were built upon self-esteem issues.  Or lack thereof rather.

I'm a stay-at-home-mom and have been for the past 10 years.  I know personally that other people don't view SAHM's as a "real" job. This impacted me greatly and therefore I never viewed it as all that important either.  And so I tried to do more.  I thought if I had a blog then people would know that I do more than just clean and watch TV (I think that's what people think SAHM's do).  Does it really matter if people know that I do more than clean or watch TV?  No, it doesn't, and only recently did I realize this.

After coming to this conclusion, I feel at peace to let the blog go.  And that's not all.  I'm letting Qwirk go too.  Yes, that long-held dream of selling my products at Farmer's Market's has come to pass.  It was a bucket-list item and I completed it.  Not successfully, but completed it nonetheless. 

So now I will have more pictures of my kids on my camera and not pictures that I intended to put on my blog.  I will no longer have to stress about uploading pictures onto my sloooowww computer, and taking the time to write posts, which do take awhile BTW.  I will have more time to spend with my family.  I will complete the projects that "spark joy" and not the ones that I feel I need to complete for the blog.  I dislike technology and the more time I spend away from it, the better I feel.  Also, I hate retail!  So why would I open a shop intending to sell THINGS.  I absolutely love to make things for my family and friends but to sell to the masses more of what they don't really need seems silly.  Why I didn't realize this sooner? I don't know, but at least I'm realizing it before I'm in too deep.

Knowing that I'm letting my blog go and Qwirk (my "business") go makes my feel free and light.  I am keeping this blog up instead of deleting it like I'm tempted to, because I have been to blogs (via Pinterest, or other links) that have seemingly dropped off a cliff with no explanation.  I always wonder what has happened to them to stop blogging, and I always think of the worst.  Here I leave an explanation in case you're wondering.

Now off I go to LIVE my life, instead of blogging about it.

Blessings,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...