Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Crocheted Rag Rug Finish

 I did it!  I finally finished that crocheted rag rug I've wanted to do for years! I didn't follow a pattern.  I just made a foundation chain as long as I wanted the width and then kind of improvised from there with a pattern of colours I had available. 




Now, I'll be honest, it's not the nicest looking rug.  I just used the colours I had.  Also the edges aren't straight.  That's due to the fact that the fabrics I used were different weights. So even if I had 1" ripped strip, some strips were thicker than others.  This was more of a trial.


At least it fits nicely in my sewing area.




2 comments:

  1. I love crocheted rag rugs and the colors in your are sunny and happy. They are so homey and comfy under the toes. If the wiggly sides bother you, a single crochet or shell border all around would tidy it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, I forgot that I could add a border. Thanks so much.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...