Monday, February 11, 2013

Shoe Rack to Book Sling

Hello All,

So I bought a shoe rack at the thrift store but it just didn't work out for our shoes.  I've been wanting to make a book sling for a while and just never got around to it.....until now.

From this:

To this:

To make it I used two different fabrics, some ribbon, and hook-and-loop tape.

Step 1: Measure the length, then measure the width like this:


Step 2: Cut your materials.  With good sides facing each other, sew around the edge, leaving an opening big enough for you to turn it around.  Snip the corners, before turning it around.  Iron and top stitch.


Step 3:  I wanted the flower material on the outside, so I place my hook-and-loop tape on that side.  I left enough room in between to allow for the metal bar.


Step 4: Sew ribbon to the corners to tie to the shoe rack so that it won't slip around.  You may need to singe the end of the ribbon so it doesn't unravel.

Step 5:  Place on your shoe rack, add some books and ta dah!  You've got a fancy book sling!

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...